Adding extra lines to Xero contact template

Hi I’m trying to use the Xero contacts post & edit template to add default tracking categories to customers.

The problem I have currently is that there are only 1,000 rows in the template while the client has over 2,000 contacts, although only 800 customers. Therefore if I could selectively pull back only customers, or extend the template, I would be able to do what I need.

I have read the “Getting started with a post & edit template” support article which talks about adding extra lines to the bottom of the template, however when I try to do this either by insert, copy or insert copied cells I get an error that excel cannot move lines off the bottom of the sheet.

Is there something obvious I’m missing here?

Many thanks for any insight
Neil

Hi @neil

Thank you for getting in touch.

Users can add new rows from the line before last. So in this case from row 1000 or earlier. You can do this by copying multiple lines then inserting them in row 1000. This will increase the number of rows by the number highlighted.

In the example below I highlighted and copied rows 9 till 200.

Then highlighted row 1000 and used insert copied cells in row 1000.

As you can see the sheet rows increased by the number of rows pasted.

When copying rows make sure to click the row numbers to select the entire row.

Please let me know how you get on.

David.

Fantastic, thanks David - that did work. Seems like the key part is that you need to insert the new lines at the penultimate existing row, rather than the very bottom one. This was not clear from the guide on post & edit templates so it may be helpful to clarify that.

Many thanks for your assistance

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.