Bank summary - automatically updating

Hi - I’ve created the bank summary report in excel from Xero. Is there a way that I can get the report to update by changing the date in excel report?

Hi @ruth.aspel

I have not fully understood your question.

Have you used the bank summary report in the reports drop-down? Did you use the refresh button to get the latest data from Xero?

hi - I’d put in a date range as requested, but what I really want is for the report to refresh whenever opened, to have the most up to date info, rather than a specific date range. I’m new to using something like this, so I’m not sure how to do it.

Thanks

Hi @ruth.aspel

At this stage there are 2 points:

1. Refresh automatically on opening the template - you can either use the Quick refresh to manually update the table or else you can use the Automatic refresh. more about refresh can be found here:
    When do I use the Refresh or Append functionality?

2. To be able to get today’s date instead of having to enter the date every day, you will need to use formulas - check out this article:
    How can I create a formula with the Excel function wizard in the parameters window?

Hope this helps!

This was really helpful, thank you :smiley:

I’m now looking at the bank transactions data table and it doesn’t seem to let me put in a dynamic range in the same way. Is there anyway I can replicate how it works in the bank summary?

eg in the bank summary my report range is from: TODAY()-7 to TODAY()

so I was hoping to be able to then show the corresponding transactions in the same range.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Ruth

Hi @ruth.aspel

Apologies for the delay - had to speak with the team on this one as I could not find a way how to make it work. An issue in these cases where there are a double formula box (from / to) was identified. It has since been resolved and the fix will be available in this month’s release (which is tomorrow).

Great, thank you :slightly_smiling_face: