Cannot get the “Xero Invoices Template v2” to post ANY payments to Xero

Hi Neville. I’m trying to do the same thing as thestores but I’m not having any success. I cannot get the “Xero Invoices Template v2” to post ANY payments to Xero.

Even if I do a simple invoice in columns A - V and then put the payment information into Columns W - AB, the invoice will upload fine but the payment data I’ve entered is always ignored and no payment is posted regardless of whether it’s a full or partial payment

Specifically regarding your last comment on adding a copy of the prior line with a value of $0. This does not upload the payment data in W - AB either, it just creates a second row on the invoice with a $0 amount and Xero drops the account from the line item since it has a $0 value.

@Neville Please get back to me on this ASAP. We’re trying to semi-automate the postings using your file via an integration with Anaplan and so I’m on a timeline here to see if this is going to get resolved.

Thank you,
Hunter

Hi @GDMG_Hunter

Are you still having issues with the Excel file. I was informed that the tests carried out by the team worked from our end so your Excel posting should work and create the part payments successfully.

@Neville
I can not apply the payment for invoices/bills using “Xero Invoices Template v2”

Even if I do an invoice in columns A - V and then put the payment information into Columns W - AB, the invoice will upload fine but the payment data I’ve entered is always ignored. because of this lot of invoices are shown as open
can you figure out what’s wrong here?

Hi - are you getting an error as I was unable to replicate this behaviour on a DataDear test organisation?

@Neville Yes. I tried to apply payment against invoices / Bills at the same time but Xero didn’t recognize the payment, However invoice / Bills were correctly posted

Please make sure you have the invoice post type as Posted, not draft. Payments don’t flow unless invoice is in the approved pile. Does this help?

anyway I always tried with “Posted” type but still didn’t work for me, see following screenshots

Still bill is open even though payment details are available

Each payment must have a unique ‘Payment Reference’ to post correctly.
It can be called ‘Cash’, ‘Card’, ‘Card 1’ - whatever you like. Each payment reference must be unique for the Invoice it refers to. The reference can be used again on a different invoice.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Invoices post fine but payments are ignored. I’ve checked that each payment reference is different, checked that the nominal codes I’m posting to are marked as “Enabled Payment” and that they match the drop downs in the DataDear template.

Still nothing. Any clues? Invoices/Credit notes posting fine

Hi @nicoleSllick

Can you add a screenshot of a line you are trying to post so we can have a look?