DataDear has failed to get any data for this Query

xero

Ever since the update most of my Xero instances are showing this error when I try to pull reports.

Our internet is working fine, have restarted, updated Excel. Is anyone else having this problem?

Hi Brett

Can you indicate which report you are trying to use? Also if this is happening with all data tables and reports, then you might need to reconnect the organisation from within DataDear as it would mean that the handshake with Xero has dropped.

Hi Neville,

When you say reconnect do you mean deleting and adding back the Xero instances or just adding them as the prompt says?

The error happens when I select almost every Xero instance before I can even choose a report. My colleague’s still works which is very strange.

Hi Brett

If your colleague is working on the same reports / Xero instances then there is no need to reconnect. This is very unusual and leads me to think there is something specific with your installation. Have you tried to remove and reinstall DataDear?

May I suggest you follow the following steps:

1. Open the Programs option in the Control Panel (varies depending on the windows OS version).
  2. Find the DataDear Excel Add-in and select Uninstall.
  3. Copy and paste %appdata% in your File Explorer.
  4. Delete the entire Scope SaaS folder.
  5. Download DataDear from the DataDear web Dashboard and reinstall the latest version.
  6. If you are still experiencing problems, please open Excel and go to File > Options > Add-ins. Click on the drop-down next to Manage and select Disabled Items-ensure DataDear is not listed here otherwise select DataDear and click on Enable.
  7. Once again Click on the drop-down next to Manage and select Excel Add-ins. Make sure the DataDearLoader is ticked.

If the problem persists, let us know and we can organise a remote session with someone from support so we can assist in troubleshooting and solving the problem.