I have used DataDear for a number of years for my HMRC VAT return without any issues. I am getting a message today when I launch Excel saying that DataDear has failed to verify and download any possible updates. When I ok the message and launch Excel, DataDear is not available in Excel.
I need to file my Q2 return this week with HMRC.
Can anyone assist please?
It may look like the application got corrupted during the update (or the anti-virus might have corrupted the download). May I suggest you follow the following steps:
- Open the Programs option in the Control Panel (varies depending on the windows OS version).
- Find the DataDear Excel Add-in and select Uninstall.
- Copy and paste %appdata% in your File Explorer.
- Delete the entire Scope SaaS folder.
- Disable any firewall or anti-virus software to ensure these do not block any DataDear files.
- Download DataDear from the DataDear web Dashboard and reinstall the latest version.
- If you are still experiencing problems, please open Excel and go to File > Options > Add-ins. Click on the drop-down next to Manage and select Disabled Items-ensure DataDear is not listed here otherwise select DataDear and click on Enable.
- Once again Click on the drop-down next to Manage and select Excel Add-ins. Make sure the DataDearLoader is ticked.
Hope this helps!
I have done steps 1 to 6 and am still experiencing problems. Step 7 seems fine i.e. DataDear is not listed as a disabled item.
When I check as advised on step 8, DataDearLoader is not appearing in the Excel Add-ins to allow me to tick it. Any further suggestions on this?
whoops data dear has failed to get any data for this query, this could be related to lack of internet connectivity
I am getting this error each time I try and submit my info.
There is an option to download the DataDear files manually from the server and extract and replace the files on your computer.
https://api.datadear.com/info/downloadLatestDD (a zip file needs to be downloaded from this location and the contents of the file needs to be copied and pasted into the '%AppData%\Roaming\Scope SaaS\DataDear` folder)
Hope that helps!
Hi alas we have already tried this and still not playing the game…
Did you close all excel instances before copy and pasting in the files and did you replace all existing files with the ones downloaded from the link?
Yes and restarted the pc and turned the AVG off
Can you please send us a screenshot of the error message showing up?
Hi any ideas getting kinda desperate got to get my VAT submitted today!!! YIKES getting this message now when i try and load data in excel
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.