Datadear not working at all 'failed to verify and download any possible updates'

When I open Excel the Datadear Tab disappears. After re-adding it the message " Datadear has failed to verify and download any updates". And then when I try to sign in with Xero, the window says my account is validated but when I proceed to login it says “datadear has failed to get any data for this query”. And I’m not having any issues with my internet connection. What should I do?

Hi @kha1

Thank you for getting in touch.

DataDear was being updated at the time of this post.

Can you please close all instances of excel and try again?

Kind regards,

David

A post was split to a new topic: DataDear Monthly update

Missing add-in and unable to log-in when we manually bring it back - please sort ASAP

New update to add-in has resurrected it but now will not recognise my credentials - same log in details can access website with no issues - please can you look into this.

Working now many thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi David,

I’ve had no luck. The same messages still pop up?

Hi @kha1 ,

Can you try closing all excel instances and delete DataDear and reinstalling from scratch?

Please let me know how you get on.

Regards,

David

Hi David,

I’ve have tried this twice, still no luck. What else can I do?

Thanks

Hi @kha1

Can you kindly let us know what version of excel you are using?

Kind regards,

David

Hi David

I’m using Excel 2013

Hi @kha1

Can you try the steps mentioned below please?

It is possible the application got corrupted during the update (or the anti-virus might have corrupted the download). Kindly try the steps mentioned below :

1. Open the Programs option in the Control Panel (varies depending on the windows OS version).
  2. Find the DataDear Excel Add-in and select Uninstall.
  3. Copy and paste %appdata% in your File Explorer.
  4. Delete the entire Scope SaaS folder.
  5. Disable any firewall or anti-virus software to ensure these do not block any DataDear files.
  6. Download DataDear from the DataDear web Dashboard and reinstall the latest version.
  7. If you are still experiencing problems, please open Excel and go to File > Options > Add-ins. Click on the drop-down next to Manage and select Disabled Items-ensure DataDear is not listed here otherwise select DataDear and click on Enable.
  8. Once again Click on the drop-down next to Manage and select Excel Add-ins. Make sure the DataDearLoader is ticked.

Please let me know how you get on.

Regards,

David

Hi David,

I asked the IT Team to do the above steps and it still doesn’t work. We have sent an email to support@datadear.com to try get the issue resolved.

Hi @kha1

Sure, lets continue the investigation via email.

Kind regards,

David

Hi @kha1

There is an option to download the DataDear files manually from the server and extract and replace the files on your computer.

https://api.datadear.com/info/downloadLatestDD (a zip file needs to be downloaded from this location and the contents of the file needs to be copied and pasted into the '%AppData%\Roaming\Scope SaaS\DataDear` folder)

Hope that helps!