Datadear slows down excel

Hi,
I have found that ever since using Datadear that it slows down my excel sessions when I click from one open session to another. It causes excel to lag for about 2-3 seconds which is very annoying.

Anyone had this issue as well? My computer is pretty new and quite fast too.

Hi @cable.car

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you are using multiple excel sessions simultaneously then you are logged into DataDear in more then one excel at the same time.

So when you shift from one excel to another, Datadear will retrieve the drop downs and other information at the background every time ( this is why you get a 2-3sec β€œlag”).

Ideally you can use one session at a time with multiple workbooks or logout once the data has been retrieved.

Hope the above helps and please let us know should you require anything further.

Kind regards,

David

Hi David, thanks for the reply.

β€œIf you are using multiple excel sessions simultaneously then you are logged into DataDear in more then one excel at the same time.”

I dont think the latest version of Excel gives you that choice like the older ones. All sessions just appear like it’s one session.

β€œβ€¦ or logout once the data has been retrieved.”
I currently do this, and this works. However everytime I login, it opens up a window to login in Chrome. Is there a way to allow login without Chrome opening a window all the time? Note that I login using Xero. Would logging in using other methods be faster?

Hi @cable.car

Yes logging in with user name and password should be faster.

But as mentioned before every time you log in and out DataDear will retrieve data from the chosen organisation so it is normal for the session to freeze for 2-3 seconds.

Regards,

David