Error - the access token for this organisation has not been authorised or has been revoked

Hello, I keep receiving the same error message. “Oops - the access token for this organisation has not been authorised or has been revoked. Please re-connect the organization: Patch Funding, LLC by using the Add Organisation button in the DataDear toolbar.
Follow instructions on screen to have this re-connected.”

@DataDear_Experts I am receiving the error mentioned above. Please assist

Hi @rmaldonado

Thank you for getting in touch.

Have you tried reconnecting the organisation and mentioned in the error window?

Kind regards,

David

Hello David,

We have. Sometimes it works, and sometimes I need to wait a day for it to work. My coworker also has the same issue. Is there anything that can be done to stop this issue from happening?

Hi @rmaldonado

there is an issue when using the Sign in With Xero button when trying to login so please DO NOT USE this button, instead sign in using you Username and Password.

Given the above, kindly follow ALL the steps below, giving special attention to steps 3 and 4 ( even if you have done them before) :

• Login to https://apps.datadear.com
  • Go to the Organisations tab and click on Delete button next to the Organisation indicated in the error message.
  • For the organisation in question please go to Xero > Settings and click on Connected Apps.
  • There you will find DataDear Excel Add-ins. Click on the three dots to the right of that and delete all DataDear excel Add-in ( you might find 2 or more).
  • Then go back to the DataDear website and reconnect the same organisation from the Dashboard and ensure you do not get any errors (if you get an error, please send us a screenshot)

Once the above has been done please try logging in to excel using your username and password. If you do not remember your password, you can reset this from the website by clicking Forgot password.

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

David

Thank you. I will give this a try

1 Like

Hello David, I tried only using the regular login, but the issue is still occuring

Hi @rmaldonado

Can you confirm that you are using your login and password to login and you have also removed the add-in from the connected apps section in Xero and reconnected the organisation?

Kind regards,

David

I just attempted to disconnect the add in from the connected apps section in Xero. There is no option to reconnect though. Is there any way we can do a video call, so I can show you my screen?

Hi @rmaldonado

Yes, lets organize a call. Can you please drop us an email on support@datadear.com and I will send you further details to schedule a call.

Kind regards,

David

Hello David, I was able to reconnect through the admin’s log in thank you. This resolved the issue. I will email if there are any further issues. My coworkers and I have continuously received this issue though. I will use this same solution if it comes up again, but is there some type of glitch causing this issue?

1 Like

@rmaldonado

Happy to hear this has been resolved.

We have found this as a bug for many user, the solution is to remove the organisations from DD and remove the add-in from Xero using the steps below. Once this process is done you should find that the issue should not repeat itself.

1. Login to https://apps.datadear.com
  2. Go to the Organisations tab and click on Delete button next to the Organisation indicated in the error message.
  3. For the organisation in question please go to Xero > Settings and click on Connected Apps.
  4. There you will find DataDear Excel Add-ins. Click on the three dots to the right of that and delete all DataDear excel Add-in ( you might find 2 or more).
  5. Then go back to the DataDear website and reconnect the same organisation from the Dashboard and ensure you do not get any errors (if you get an error, please send us a screenshot)

Also please keep in mind that if you do not use the organisation with DataDear for a few weeks, Xero automatically remove the connection from their end as a security precaution.

Please let me know how you get on.

Regards,

David