Excel add in fails when selected

:space_invader: What is the problem you need to solve?

Every time I try to enable the excel add in I receive an error. On investigation I can see that it is during the initialisation with office. Here is the error script I receive:

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.Interop.VSTOEENativeMethods.GetValidCompatibleFramework(String compatibleFrameworkXml)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.CompatibleFrameworksValidation.ParseFirstValidFramework(String compatibleFrameworksXml)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.OfficeAddInDeploymentManager.OnAddInManifestsDownloaded(AddInManifestsDownloadedArgs args)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.RaiseOnAddInManifestsDownloadedEvent(IClickOnceAddInInstaller addInInstaller, Uri deploymentManifestUri, AddInInstallationStatus addinSolutionState, String productName, String deploymentManifestXml, String applicationManifestXml, String hostManifestXml, String logFilePath, String version, Uri supportUri)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

Can anyone help
What accounting software are you using?

Hi @NigelVO

It may look like the application got corrupted during the update (or the anti-virus might have corrupted the download). May I suggest you follow the following steps:

1. Open the Programs option in the Control Panel (varies depending on the windows OS version).

2. Find the DataDear Excel Add-in and select Uninstall.

3. Copy and paste %appdata% in your File Explorer.

4. Delete the entire Scope SaaS folder.

5. Disable any firewall or anti-virus software to ensure these do not block any DataDear files.

6. Download DataDear from the DataDear web Dashboard and reinstall the latest version.

7. If you are still experiencing problems, please open Excel and go to File > Options > Add-ins. Click on the drop-down next to Manage and select Disabled Items-ensure DataDear is not listed here otherwise select DataDear and click on Enable.

8. Once again Click on the drop-down next to Manage and select Excel Add-ins. Make sure the DataDearLoader is ticked.