HMRC error messages: Client is not authorised + waiting for another OLE action

Steps taken:

Log on to HMRC dashboard
Added a service
Granted authorization

The company appears in the list.
Downloaded the HMRC excel template “HMRC - Making TAX digital v1.2”

In the excel:

• Log on with the credentials (successful)
  • The company name is listed successfully

Errors:

Despite having authorized the company link we keep receiving 2 errors.

1. The client/agent is not authorized

incorrect statement we have verified the adding of the company several times and authorized each time. + waited for more that 72 hours

1. The excel is waiting for another OLE action.

This error is unclear. It happens during the mentioning of “our data miners are at work…”
Only a forceful termination of the excel can interrupt these error messages.

edit: for some idiot reason lowered down to only 1 embedded media (screenshot)

:frowning:

I’ve had the same problems, have you found a solution yet?

@sarawatt

No.
No response.
No support.

there is no future for HMRC for us.

Hi

That message is provided by HMRC and you will need to verify directly with them on why this happens. DataDear can submit the tax return in those instances as it is rejected from HMRC.

Hi. I have been getting a Datadear error message that my company is not authorised but I have been using Datadear excel add-in for over a year now and did my last VAT return successfully last February.

I have deleted and re-authorised datadear sevarl times with HMRC successfully but still I am getting message from Dtaadear when I login and select my company that it is not authorised.

Please help !!

Hi @hml.info

That message is from HMRC - did you connect and authorise the VRN properly?

Hi Neville. Thank you for replying. Yes several times. First time I did not delete the organisation from DD, only did re-authorise it. When it didn’t work, I deleted the organisation in DD and readded it which takes you to HMRC and completed that successfully. As it didn’t work I eventually UNauthorised DD and re-authorised it from new.

By now it was Monday mid-day - do I have to wait 72 hours?

Hi @Neville
Thank you for replying. Yes I have registered and authorised the organisation with HMRC several times now. First time I did not delete the organisation from DD, only did re-authorise it. When it didn’t work, I deleted the organisation in DD and readded it which takes you to HMRC and completed that successfully. As it didn’t work I eventually UNauthorised DD and re-authorised it from new.

I did this 6 days ago and I am still getting the OLE error below:

[quote=“Timothy_AMPOORTER, post:1, topic:1415, full:true”]
Steps taken:

Log on to HMRC dashboard
Added a service
Granted authorization

The company appears in the list.
Downloaded the HMRC excel template “HMRC - Making TAX digital v1.2”

In the excel:

• Log on with the credentials (successful)
  • The company name is listed successfully

Errors:

Despite having authorized the company link I keep receiving error:
The excel is waiting for another OLE action.

PLEASE HELP

@Timothy_AMPOORTER @sarawatt @Neville
Hi Guys
Can someone help please - I hae reported a problem 2 weeks ago and no one seems to hae looked at my posts since. Can someone help please to fix the OLE problem that I am getting please see teh posts