How do I sign up for trial? DataDear does not accept my login

I connected DataDear app to XERO but for some reason it does not allow me to login to DataDear dashboard to download the add-in. I go to DataDear website to login, then I choose to connect with XERO credentials but it does not generate login details and does not connect automatically. When entering login details manually I just get a message “Login failure”. Tried to reset my password but I am not receiving any emails with the reset link - the message pops up saying that the link has been sent but instead of my email address it appears a blank space. I have disconnected and reconnect but nothing has changed. Please advise how I can login to DataDear.

Hi @monika.pempyte

On September 28, 2021, the companies jointly announced a definitive agreement under which Intuit will acquire DataDear technology.

For More information please refer to (QuickBooks Online Advanced adding Excel integration - QuickBooks ).

No new customer sign ups are available at this time.

Kind regards,

David

Hi, when will you be accepting new customer sign ups again?

Hi @Solsticebk

Thank you for getting in touch.

Right now I don’t have the information you are looking for, but we’ll communicate more details in the coming months.

Kind regards,

David