More flexibility to account transactions and other tables via Excel

Good day all,

I hope you’re splendid!

Is there a way to modify the default reports that are extracted, such as the accounts transactions report, to not bring back all the tracking columns etc and to just bring back columns upon request?

Then if it was dynamic that you could choose different nominals which would then update the report at all?

It might be a power pivot option which I believe a different user mentioned, but checking if there was an alternative method potentially,

Cheers in advance,

E-J

Hi E-J,

You could achieve this using PowerQuery to remove the columns that you do not want in your final dataset, and PowerPivot to create relationships and measures to produce the final report.

If I can be of any help with this please let me know, I would be happy to share how I have created models that offer the functionality you are looking for.

Thanks

Tim

3 Likes

Hi @ej.goode, welcome! Hope you’re having a great week.

Amazing advice from @TimW. I prefer this approach when working with Xero account transactions as having all of your data there behinds the scenes, means you can be as dynamic as you need! We have built an account filter for this report too so whichever works for you…

For simpler options and removing columns, across all tables and reports you can simply delete the columns you don’t need, customising your data to your exact requirements. When you update, it will keep your custom layout for you.

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Carl

1 Like

Hi @TimW and @Carl ,

Cheers for responding to my query before, as is tradition a swathe of work came over me since I asked the question but once I have some time I will look into the PowerPivot option and might get in touch again if I get into trouble!

Cheers,

E-J

1 Like