MTD for group accounts

Hi I use Xero to file vat returns but have a group vat company and I wondered if this is something datadear would enable me to file? There doesnt seem to be much concerning group vat and I know it has been delayed until October but would like to consider the options to file group vat (2 companies) Thanks in advance

Hi, thank you for your question.

Yes, we certainly can help with group VAT filing under the UK’s MTDfVAT, we have already successfully completed a couple of returns for group clients that opted into the pilot, ready way ahead of the October deferral period given.

Currently the process would be to complete your record keeping in your Xero organisations (or via combination of DataDear and Xero :slight_smile:) there are a couple of ways of extracting the data required to combine within an Excel workbook, and post directly to HMRC from Excel.

Will make sure there’s plenty of resources available for you ahead of the time, the process is extremely simple.

Thank you,
Carl

1 Like

Hi Carl

Thanks for advising thats great to hear. Could you please advise if there is a charge for this as I am slightly unclear on the pricing structure

Thanks
Julie

Hi Julie,

Our costs are £4 per month per Xero/QuickBooks Online connection (minimum start of 4 connections, £16 base cost), our HMRC connections are completely free of charge. We have bespoke pricing available if you’re interested in connecting more clients/the whole practice including consultancy and training. If you’d like to learn more please book some time in with me via https://calendly.com/datadear-carl/30min

Thanks,
Carl

Hi Carl

Many thanks for your reply

Kind Regards
Julie

1 Like

Hi Carl - a quick follow up to this. With the “Soft Landing Period” now coming to an end I wanted to just check whether the DataDear solution for group VAT submissions meets the digital link compliance requirement?

If so, could we please arrange a slot to go through the solution?

Kind regards,
Richard

Hi @RichardBK

Ensure the data coming from your other application in unaltered and correctly mapped to the respective boxes. DataDear does not allow figures to be manually changed in the boxes making it digitally compliant.

Thanks @Neville for the quick response.

Perhaps it would be worth us having a quick call to talk through this client in particular to make sure that DataDear is able to deliver this. The two areas which I need to make sure are covered are:

1. The Group VAT return which, from your email seems to be something we can do by including the two sets of data on a single return and as long as everything is mapped then that should maintain the digital links.
  2. The client is a charity with partial VAT calculations so we would need to adjust for that somehow. If the answer to this is to adjust in the original software before consolidation then I think that would work but I am not entirely sure if the adjustments in Xero (for example) are extracted as part of the exporting process?

Would it be possible for us to please meet today at some point to discuss?

Kind regards, Richard

Hi @RichardBK

1. Correct - this is how the digital link can be maintained.
  2. I would ask this question to HMRC as DataDear would allow both scenarios to submit the tax return.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.