New MTD Template is Not Suitable for Agents

hmrc

I have just downloaded the new Excel workbook for submitting MTD to HMRC. I am connected with my agent account, however, I cannot enter the VRN of my client. The field is protected. This is no longer working for Agents. Perhaps a new template can be generated for Agents use.

Hi

Please have a look at this thread where you can find step by step instructions on how to enter your VRN number.

Thanks

I have exactly the same issue - New MTD Template does not generate clients’ VAT period. Could anyone help to solve it please? Thanks.

Hi Muhong

Did you follow the instructions on screen to reconnect DataDear to HMRC? Make sure this is done from within Chrome browser as some users have reported problems when using alternate browsers.

Hi Neville,

Yes, I tried all the procedures suggested in this community forum but still did not work. Is there anything else that I can do please?

I am just wondering whether the new template still allows agent to file VAT returns. I guess the VRN number should be the agent one. As I have more than one client for the same VAT period, how the VAT template show each client’s VAT number and client’s name?

I would be grateful if you could help me out.

Kind regards

Muhong

Hi Muhong

You need a separate DataDear connection for each VRN otherwise it will not work.