No attachments from Data copy extract

Hi

did copy data for one of our clients but I don’t see attachments.

Hi Goms

Once you receive the link to download the data copy, the zip file will contain an excel file and a folder with all the attachments:

Can you confirm if you are seeing the Attachments folder as per above?

I only get the data_copy excel workbook.

I will test again and see what comes up.

Hi Goms

The data copy has been significantly improved in the previous week’s release so I suggest you let us know if that works - otherwise we can check with your organisation if if can provide access to the support team.

it didnt work

It would be better if you could provide access to the Xero organisation since the problem seems related to this specific organisation. If you agree, kindly invite support@datadear.com from within Xero as follows:

1. Login to Xero
  2. Visit the User page under the Settings Tab
  3. Click on Invite a User and enter the email support@datadear.com
  4. Select Business and accounting > Standard
  5. Choose the Send Invite

Let us know if you experience any problems to send out the invite.

Hi Goms,

I have noticed that your account listed as a user with limited rights (read only).

1. Is the account owner able to download the data copy including attachments?
  2. Do you have read rights on all tables and reports? This is something the account owner would need to check/enable.

Let me know how it goes!

1 Like

The account owner does not get attachments either.

Hi, Can you share the organisation with support@datadear.com so an engineer from our end can double check?

Hi Neville

yes i can share, no worries.

how do you i share? do i invite support@datadear.com ?

Hi @Goms

Kindly invite support@datadear.com from within Xero as follows:

1. Login to Xero
  2. Visit the User page under the Settings Menu Item
  3. Click on Invite a User and enter the email support@datadear.com (You may use DataDear Support as First and Last name)
  4. Select Business and accounting > Standard
  5. Choose the Send Invite

Let us know if you experience any problems to send out the invite.

Hi Neville

I have invited support@datadear.com

Hi @Goms

Thanks for the invite. I have managed to replicate this problem using this organisation when trying with both last year only and this year only.

I have now escalated this to technical support for their feedback.

Hi Neville

any feedback on this?

Sorry to be a pain, but we urgently need to use the data_copy feature so that we can get attachments for clients. :pleading_face:

Hi @Goms

I am still waiting from the engineers on this case. It is more complex than usual as it works in the development environment. If this is urgent, I can check if these can be generated again in the dev environment for your to download.

If you are interested, send me a private message to organise this.