Oooops.... datadear has failed to get any data

:space_invader: What is the problem you need to solve?

DataDear is saying i have no internet connectivity (i do) so wont refresh the data. i have followed the below but it still doesn’t work.

Can someone assist?

What accounting software are you using?

Xero

Hi @richard.jones

Thank you for getting in touch.

Can you kindly offer mor details on the process to you taking and what it is you are trying to achieve?

Kind regards,

David

Hi David,

I am running a P&L in Excel using the add in pulling data from Xero.

Is that enough info?

Thanks

Hi @richard.jones

Can you kindly send a screenshot of the error message? Also please make sure that there actually is data to retrieve for the chosen period.

Kind regards,

David

I get the error immediately after logging in, so I don’t get to pick a period or the data that needs to be uploaded.

Hi @richard.jones

After you get the message are you not able to refresh the report?

no, it all looks ok but when i click refresh nothing happens. if i click refresh current sheet it doesn’t give me the option to choose the criteria.

HI @richard.jones

It sounds like the excel workbook bugged and has lost the link to the report it is trying to refresh. Can you confirm that at the top left under the organisation name there is no Data table or Report selected? It should show Profit and Loss.

Kind regards,

David

yes, both blank.Capture

Hi @richard.jones

Then that confirms the tab has bugged for some reason. The only solution is to run the report in a fresh tab.

Kind regards,

David

Thanks,

I am not overly familiar with how this works. I have just logged out and logged in on a fresh excel but as soon as I log in and choose the Organization i get the same error and it wont let me proceed.

Thanks

Hi @richard.jones

Drop us an email on support@datadear.com and we can organize a call and look into this in more detail.

Kind regards,

David