Oops message "client and/or agent is not authorised"

Hello

I logged on this morning to complete VAT and keep getting the Oops message that “client and/or agent is not authorised”. I have followed all the tips & even tried deleting & re-adding organisation as was prompted but still no joy.

Need this fixed asap to get VAT submitted

thanks
Anna

I have this same problem for two weeks and still not yet received any advise or help from Datadear, probably going to have to try other software…

Hi All,

That message is provided by HMRC and you will need to verify directly with them on why this happens. DataDear cannot submit the tax return in those instances as it is rejected from HMRC.

Kind regards,

David

Hi David

I have spoken to HMRC this morning regarding this and they checked everything is ok their end with my authorisation and they have pushed it back on to you.

I did notice that when I re-added the organisation I get an I- at front of VAT number which I never had before?

thanks
Anna

Hi David

It is now working, no idea what I did but all good!

thanks
Anna

Hi @annaroberts

Happy to hear its working now, however we have not implemented any changes from our end either.

Kind regards,

David

Hi David
I am having the same problem as Anne I have been on to the HMRC and everything is ok with there side I can not send off my return. Ive readded the organisation to not advail
Jen