Oops.. There has been an error trying to prepare the entered data for POSTing

I swear this is one of the most frustrating add-ins I have ever had the pleasure of using. Every day seems to be a new issue.

Tonight I added a new organisation, went through the authorisations, logged into Datadear in Excel, populated the Bulk Upload of Invoices Template - hit the Post Online button and:

2 error messages which essentially tell me nothing. So I have disconnected, deleted, reconnected, refreshed, tested with other downloads - all are OK - yet this problem pervails. And the typical response rate on support is circa a few days when I urgently needed this completed tonight.

Incredibly frustrated at this stage.

Hi @raymondmckeown

This error is triggered when there something incorrect or unusual in the rows (populated in the template) that need to be pushed into the accounting software. The error indicates that DataDear found a problem during the data validation yet has not managed to identify what the problem is so the error suggesting to check your data. At this stage I would recommend the following:

1. Use the Report Problem icon in the DataDear toolbar and please ensure that ‘Attach this workbook’ is selected. The team will investigate the workbook to understand why the upload failed.

2. In the meantime you can use the Yes/No toggle in column A and upload the rows in smaller batches. Usually most batches will be processed and posted without any problems. This will also help you find the line/s that are failing and possibly identify if it is a typing error or a problem with DataDear.

Hope that helps and let us know how that goes!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.