Oops... We could not find any Outstanding period for this Vat Registration

reporting

Hi, there.
My first submission attempt and just cannot resolve the above error message.

(Windows-10, Excel 16)
Got all the VAT data into the excel sheet, mapped it all nicely.
Logged in
authorized Datadear w/HMRC
refreshed,
then get this error: “Oops… We could not find any Outstanding period for this Vat Registration
Number in HMRC. Check that the entered VRN is correct.”
yes VRN is correct.
Try lots of variations, bugged
But what do I do? Any ideas, please?

I got an answer from Datadear and thought it should go in here for any others in same situation:

“Have you registered with HMRC for the new MTD filing? Easiest way to identify is you’d have an email confirmation from HMRC if you have, and you won’t have the old area that you could submit from available within your government gateway anymore. If you haven’t please do so on the following link; https://www.gov.uk/guidance/sign-your-business-up-for-making-tax-digital-for-vat

Well, I did not know to do that and, hence the error message.
Learning,

Thank you for sharing the issue and the resolution Roy! Hope filing is easy in 2-3 days time!

Hi - the below error seems to be different to the one that I reported in the other thread

I registered with HMRC for the new MTD filing and I was able to submit my last VAT return successfully using data dear. However, this time round I get the error “Oops… We could not find any Outstanding period for this Vat Registration”. My VAT account has been checked by HMRC and everything is correct, there is a VAT period open for submission.

Could you please advise?

Kind regards,
Miguel

Hi Miguel - you have posted your question here as well.