Post journal template without edit

Hi, when I post my journal it changes the formulas in my template. A box used to pop up before posting and ask me to post without edit. How do I reactivate that function?

Thanks

Hi @kha1

Thank you for getting in touch.

Can you confirm that you are editing existing journals that have already been posted to Xero?

The option to post without edits is only available for new journal entries, the option to post without edits does not exist for journals that are being edited ( pulled from xero, edited and posted back to xero)

I will discuss this with our engineers and see if this is something we can add.

Please let me know if any of the above is unclear.

Kind regards,

David

Hi,

I’m trying to post a new journal. I think I may have posted my last journal with edit accidentally, and now the window doesn’t pop up anymore. Is there anyway to fix this or will I have to download and create a new template with all the formulas again?

Hi @kha1

Once you clicked the Get data to edit button, the option to upload without edits will no longer be available. You would need to start with a fresh template or click the Clear Sheet button that will clear all data from the template.

If you would like us to look into this further and maybe find a way to preserve the formulas we would be happy to take a look at it if you get in touch with us at support@datadear.com

Kind regards,

David

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.