Post QBO Checks

Hi,

I’m looking to post payments (checks) to QBO. I see that there isn’t a Post + Edit template for payments and wanted to get ideas on how to accomplish this. Is developing a custom template an option?

Thanks,

Hi @4fmanalytics

Thank you for getting in touch.

We are close to deploying a DataDear template that works off the QBO Bank deposit entry module and this should be a POST+Edit template.

This template is in the testing stage, so we are hoping to have it out soon.

Regards,

David

Hi @David,

Thank you for responding to my inquiry. My apologies for not being more specific in my original post. I’m not so sure this would address our area of need, as this appears to be for posting incoming checks received as deposits (post to the ‘Deposits’ table in QBO). What I had in mind was a template to post outgoing checks that are being issued by a business to vendors. Thanks,

Hi @4fmanalytics

Have you tried using the Invoices and bills template? This template facilitates the posting of Invoices and bills to and from the business to customers and suppliers.

If this is not the case please let us know and we can discuss further.

Kind regards,

David

Hi @David,

Yes, I tried the Invoices and bills template with no success. The checks that I’m referring to would post to the tables ‘Checks’ and ‘CheckExpenseLine’. Do you have any templates that would post to these tables?

Thanks,

Hi @4fmanalytics

We currently do not have any templates available to post Checks as you described above.

However we are looking into the possibility of having one available in the coming months.

Kind regards,

David

Hi @David,

Got it! Will I be notified when this is available?

Thanks,

Hi @4fmanalytics

We publish announcements on a monthly bases that summaries all additions and updates done to DataDear.

These can be found in the announcements section in the Community forum. Link below for your perusal.

If the template is added to the library it will be part of the relevant month’s announcement.

Please let me know if you require anything further.

Kind regards,

David

Hi @4fmanalytics

Have you tried the Purchase and Sales receipt template?

This template should allow you to post “Check” transactions.

Kind regards,

David

Hi @David,

Thanks for the suggestions. I took a look at the template and it would post the transactions as either a sales receipt or a purchase.

Thanks,

Hi @4fmanalytics

so this template still does not give you what you want, correct?

Regards,

David

Hi @David,

Correct, the template does not give us what we need to post check payments.

Thanks,

Hi @4fmanalytics

Our engineers have looked into the above and they have confirmed that the only endpoint available in the API that relates to “Check” is currently being used in the Purchase and Sales Receipts template.

If QBO make any changes to the API with regards to “Check” postings we will look into creating a template for this.

Kind regards,

David

Hi @David,

Got it. Thank you for looking into this for us.

1 Like