Purchase Order Template Connectivity

Hi all,

Hope the week is going swell!

I’m trying to use the PO template to make it easier than manually entering the data in Xero and I have a few issues which I’m hoping you can assist with.
I’ll provide a brief background for context:

• We have 4 organisations (including 1 demo company) connected through DataDear to Xero
  • My boss has admin rights, and has given me all the same access as herself
  • List item
  1. When my boss tries to use the PO template, it works for her on 3 out of the 4 organisations.#
    The template doesn’t want to generate the drop downs, update the organisation name cell, or update the hidden tabs. For the other 3 organisations it works all good.
    We have downloaded new templates, disconnected and reconnected the organisation but alas to no avail

2. When I try to use the PO template in the demo company, if I complete the process and get a “successful upload” notification, I can’t see the data in Xero. My boss (the admin) can, but I can’t see anything. Is it something with regards to my access rights or something else?

These might be 2 completely separate issues but thought best to put them on the same post in case others are having the same issues.

Cheers in advance,

E-J

Hi @ej.goode

Thank you for getting in touch and for using DataDear.

With regards to your first point. Can you please run the template on the organisation that is not working. Can you then please click on Report a problem and make sure the you choose attach the workbook as per the below. Once you do this our engineers can look into the issue.

I will get back to you with regards to point 2.

Regards,

David

Hi @ej.goode

With regards to your 2nd issue. In the “successful upload” notification you should have a Xero logo next to each line uploaded. Can you try clicking it and let me know what happens? It should show you the POs you just uploaded in Xero.

Regards,

David

Hi @ej.goode

I have been informed by our engineers that the first issue mentioned above should be resolved in this month’s deployment.

When you can, kindly get back to me with regards to the 2nd issue above.

Regards,

David

Hi David,

Apologies for the delay again been busy bee over here!
If I click on the logo it routes me to the dashboard home page https://my.xero.com/!xkcD/Dashboard.
It does generate the PO location it wants to take me towards in the initial web address but it ends up on the dashboard…
If I look in the demo company POs there isn’t any record of my items either. They exist in the post audit trail that I’ve posted them but when clicking on the logo again, it just reverts to the dashboard home page.

Happy to do a call over Teams or Zoom to show it in person if that helps?

Cheers,

E-J

Hi again David,

That’s good news! Do you know when the release would be per chance?
I think when we tested it originally (Feb 18th) it was the day after the last release (Feb 17th).

Then we can do the checking hopefully before next month end :grin:

Cheers,

E-J

Hi @ej.goode

Next release will be on Wednesday 17th March. We will release an announcement article as per every release and users will get a window prompt in excel first time they login after release.

Please let us know how you get on once this has been deployed.

Kind regards,

David

1 Like

Hi @ej.goode

With regards to your second issue regarding the PO template.

Can you try running the Purchase order data table please and let us know if the postings you posted ( that you cannot see but your boss can see) are being pulled? also please let us know if the last column AA “Xero Edit ID” is being retreived?

Regards,

David

Hi @ej.goode

There is an easy fix that needs to be done once. You will need to close Excel and then Run as administrator

This will allow DataDear to perform some actions related to processing of links by Excel.

Hi Neville,

I’ve requested my IT team to remote on to my laptop in order to run this and will update on the outcome, fingers crossed it fixes it :crossed_fingers:

Cheers,

E-J

1 Like

Hi again @Neville,

I got my IT team to run as administrator but unfortunately this hasn’t resolved the issue.

@David when running the PO data, there is a Xero Edit ID which is being created, and my boss on her view can see my postings…

Would the next step be to uninstall DataDear and reinstall it to see if something re-calibrates? I believe that it requires admin access to install on our devices, and this was the method used for my boss and all the other users too.
Is it a case that this reinstallation needs to happen whenever the admin rights for the user in Xero are modified?

Cheers,

E-J

Hi @ej.goode

Understood about the Xero Edit ID, however when running the DataDear PO data table to see what is already posted in Xero, are the transactions you posted being pulled through please?

Regards,

David

Ah, apologies.

I cannot see these items posted in the Purchase Order section in Xero on my account.
However my boss can see my attempts and they appear posted on her screen.

Cheers,

E-J

Hi @ej.goode

I am referring to the DataDear Purchase order Data table in excel.

I need to know if the transactions you cannot see in Xero are being retrieved by this report. So please can you run the report as per the above screenshot and let me know if the transaction you cannot see in Xero are being retrieved by this excel Data table?

This will help us narrow down what the issue might be.

Regards,

David

Hi again,

Yes, I can see these entries on my DataDear PO table.
I did one as a submit for approval, and 1 for draft and they are both appearing on this.

Further to add, when I’ve done the postings I have entered data on all of the compulsory fields but not the other fields. However, this was what was also done with my boss too, so no change in testing/process has occurred there.

I can provide you the PO ID but not sure if that would be of any benefit to you…

Cheers,

E-J

Hi @ej.goode

Thank you for confirming. The fact that you can post and retrieve the data back Via DataDear indicated that the DataDear templates and reports are working. This rules out the probability of it being an issue with the DataDear add-in.

If you still cannot see the transaction in Xero then can I suggest you look into what rights you have in Xero?

Regards,

David

Hi David,

Cool, I’ll get on the case to Xero themselves and see what’s occurring. At least with this we can confirm that the DD addin is working as it should.

Once I get a solution from Xero I’ll link their answer back to here in case anybody else gets in the same pickle too!

Cheers for your help all,

E-J

Hi @ej.goode

Happy to be of help. Yes please do share with us your progress for the benefit of everyone and please do not hesitate to get in touch should you require anything further.

Kind regards,

David

Hi guys,

Your favourite questioner :joy: hope you’re having a lovely time.
I’ve had a look at the 1st issue which was hopefully going to be fixed with the new update and unfortunately it looks like it hasn’t fixed my specific issue.

For ease I’ve added some pictures of the issues which occur in attachment 1 &2 and how it looks when it does work in attachment 3&4.

Whereas the other issue in this thread looks to be Xero related, this one certainly does look like it’s a DataDear issue as it doesn’t appear to be pulling through the information from Xero on the DataDear tab.

As mentioned before, everything works as planned for the other entities but it’s solely the 1 entity which it’s not working for, and coincidentally is the one which we wanted to use this for (c’est la vie).

Hopefully this helps for the problem solving, and if it’s easier over Teams or Zoom then I can drop an external invite for ease.

Cheers,

E-J

Hi @David and @Neville,

Hope you’re doing glorious!

Apologies for chasing, but have you been able to look at the issue with the further information provided above?
We’re approaching month end again and wanted to be able to process the POs as it’s very time consuming in Xero…

Cheers in advance,

E-J