Restar Excel in Order To Update DataDear?

I keep getting hit with.
"Great News! A new version of DataDear has just been released. You need to restart Excel in order to Update DataDear and use the latest version."
And I have closed and re-opened the excel multiple times. uninstalled and re-installed. used the repair function on the setup

. and did the classic. close everything and full shut down wait 10 mins and restart.
Got creative and deleted all cached excel files… but nothing has worked!

What can I do ??? as this is stopping me from getting on with work.

Hi @HaiderH

Thank you for getting in touch.

It is possible that your antivirus software is not allowing DD to update.

Can I suggest 2 options?

Option 1 - ( Please give special attention to Points 3,4 and 5) :

1. Open the Programs option in the Control Panel (varies depending on the windows OS version).
  2. Find the DataDear Excel Add-in and select Uninstall.
  3. Copy and paste %appdata% in your File Explorer.
  4. Delete the entire Scope SaaS folder.
  5. Install DataDear using this link https://api.datadear.com/info/downloadLatestDD this link will allow you to download the latest version on DataDear Directly from the server.
  6. Try running DataDear.

Option 2 - If you are unsuccessful with the above, we suggest installing the new DataDear add in DataDear 365. The link below illustrates how this can be done in a 3 easy steps.

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

David

Thank you David For getting back to me.

I disabled my entire AnitVirus and the Windows Firewall and tried again was experiencing the same issue.

Option 1.
Met with an Error during installation. Attached screenshot.

Option 2.
I have been using it as a workaround but the issue is that it is clashing with old reports that myself and other teams members have set up.

I am having to take old reports and update them with the 365 but others that don’t have the 365 are having to revert the files.

In the end, having 2 separate files and having to check against both.

Additionally, for files where we have used the Library, not all are usable with 365 and I am unable to upload directly from Excel.
Again have to create new reports or files that exclude datadear and manually process items.

For the moment, a similar situation as before.

Hi @HaiderH

With regards to Option 1, can you please send the screenshot I think you might have forgotten to attach.

Also are you using Xero or QBO?

Kind regards,

David