Sept 2021 Product Overview

Improvements & Bug Fixing

This month the team focused on stability of the application.

Several user specific reported issues on both the Xero and QuickBooks Online integrations have also been given priority and have been addressed during this release.

The upgrade will start on the 27th September 09:00am UTC (20:00 AEDT / 22:00 NZDT / 11:00 CEST / 11:00 SAST / 02:00 PDT) and will take around 4 hour during which DataDear will be unavailable. The add-in will update automatically once you open Excel after the release is completed.

Hi, is anyone else having issues logging into DataDear?

I have tried logging in via the Excel add-in and also via Chrome, however it looks like it’s down.

Does anyone know if there’s a status page or similar for DataDear, or an ETA on a fix?

Thanks!

DataDear have been applying updates. See:

Was supposed to take 4 hours so in theory would have finished 25 minutes ago. Seems like they are still working on it

Whoops! that says 27th june not september!

Hi All,

The update is taking longer then expected.

We will advise once the update has been finalized.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

David

Hi,

Can we get an update on when DataDear will be back online?

Here in NZ we are just starting our day and facing DataDear being offline for an unknown time, again. Once again right when we really need it to be working.

3 Likes

its down here too! I’d love to be informed when something goes wrong, instead of my team complaining to me that its not working again and when will it be fixed, I could forward the status updates automatically to them

Hi All,

:information_source:The upgrade has been completed and all services have been restored.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

David