Upload PDF attachments on Xero Bank Transactions

Hello,

I can see it is possible to upload supporting Excel sheets to Xero Bank Transactions. Can I do something similar for PDF files?
I have PDF supporting documentation (donation receipts) that I want to attach to Xero Bank ‘Receive Money’ transactions.

Thank you.

Hi @rbenr

Welcome to the Community Forum!

DataDear can attach sheets in the same workbook. Attaching a pdf can be done if you copy the pdf inside the sheet as an object:

Embed an object in a worksheet

1. Click inside the cell of the spreadsheet where you want to insert the object.

2. On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Object Object icon on the ribbon .
    Insert Object

3. In the Object dialog box, click the Create from File tab.

4. Click Browse, and select the file you want to insert.

5. If you want to insert an icon into the spreadsheet instead of show the contents of the file, select the Display as icon check box. If you don’t select any check boxes, Excel shows the first page of the file. In both cases, the complete file opens with a double click. Click OK.

More on how attachments work can be found here - How do I upload attachments when creating and editing records?

Thanks Neville, the outcome I’m looking is for a pdf file to be attached to the Xero transaction. Hopefully the screenshot upload has worked for this post so that I can illustrate this.

Hi @rbenr

DataDear can only attach files which are inside the sheet so the steps indicated below is the only way you can attach a pdf directly from Excel.